Hackney regeneration of 18 sites creating 2760 new apartments - great news but the cunning ten year
Assuming the council could persuade the developers to provide 40% social or affordable homes then that still leaves 876 families minus a home in the Hackney borough however there is also a, super cunning, twenty year master plan in the pipe line with Woodberry Down being the fulcrum
So what's in the pipeline?
1. City Mills - Haggerston - 761 apartments with the demolition of 486 homes
2. Beam Street Wharf - 202 apartments
3. 145 City road south with 302 apartments
4. Colville - 648 apartments
5. Corsham street - 541 student apartments
6. Dalston Square - 500 apartments
7. Eagle House - 276 apartments
8. New Roman House - 673 apartments
9. Clissold Quarter - 158 apartments
And of course the mother of all redevelopments, Woodberry Downs, with WDCO and the Berkeley group tasked with delivering 5500 homes.
So big changes in Hackney now and over the coming years although, going by the graffiti, not everybody is up for it. After my snagging inspection of a two bedroom apartment in Carpenters Wharf; an impressive bespoke development of 35 apartments, over looking the London stadium, in Fish Island Village, Hackney, I had time to take a couple of snaps of the merging developments rising above the, graffiti sprawled, derelict buildings.